[Rx2021] Legislative Day Announcement - Monday, April 12, 2021

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Tue Apr 6 13:57:09 EDT 2021

The following email is being sent on behalf of Amanda Cremeans:

Good afternoon:

PPA’s 2021 Legislative Day is here! Monday April 12<outlook-data-detector://20> we will hold 2 educational sessions, combined with a presentation and Q&A session with key legislators. See full announcement and schedule of activities below. In addition to the main sessions scheduled on Monday April 12<outlook-data-detector://21>, our government relations team at Versant Strategies will schedule meetings with target members (listed below) on Tuesday – Thursda<outlook-data-detector://22>y of that week and will engage student members and a pharmacist member from those legislators’ districts.

All participants must individually register for the both events on Monday April 12.<outlook-data-detector://24> Participation in targeted legislator meetings will be by invitation.

April 12<outlook-data-detector://25> Legislative Day Activities

10:30 AM<outlook-data-detector://26> | The Pennsylvania Process:

Each legislative body has slightly different rules and processes for a bill to become law. However, knowing that process is essential for you to maximize your influence. Join us as we take a fun and interactive deep dive on how a bill becomes a law in PA! Plus, we will be joined by the four PA Community Pharmacy Caucus Co-Chairs for a panel discussion and Q & A session.

1:30 PM<outlook-data-detector://27> | My Profession, My Role:

Politics start locally, and your legislators want to hear from you. But getting your message across, the right way, through the right channel is important to ensuring effectiveness. Our second session will focus on how YOU can best advocate for your profession. What’s the best tricks of the trade? We’ll be joined by the PPA State Government Affairs team of Versant Strategies for this engaging session.

Target members for individual meetings:

House Speaker Bryan Cutler

House Republican Leader Kerry Benninghoff

Rep. Kathy Rapp, Republican Chair House Health

Sen. Judy Ward, Senate Republican Pharmacy Caucus Chair

Sen. Lisa Boscola, Senate Democrat Pharmacy Caucus Chair

Sen. Michelle Brooks, Senate Republican Health and Human Services Committee Chair

Rep. Rob Matzie, House Democrat Pharmacy Caucus Chair

Rep. Seth Grove, House Republican Pharmacy Caucus Chair

House Minority Leader Rep. Joanna McClinton

House Republicans Appropriations Chair Rep. Stan Saylor

House Democrats Appropriations Committee Chair Matt Bradford

Sen. Art Haywood, Senate Democrat Chair of Health and Human Services Committee

Thank you!!

Amanda Cremeans, BSPS
University of Pittsburgh
School of Pharmacy | Class of 2022