[Rx2021] Poster and Professional Development Opportunity!

SSHP Pitt Pharmacy pitt.sshp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:52:29 EDT 2020

Good afternoon!
I am writing to share an exciting opportunity for professional development! The event outlined below is open to ALL pharmacy students, regardless of SSHP member status. It is a great chance to network with Residency Program Directors, pharmacists, and residents. It would be a good place to get feedback about your posters before presenting them at ASHP Midyear. Please feel free to contact Roisin Sabol (rms158 at pitt.edu<mailto:rms158 at pitt.edu>) if you have questions about event involvement or logistics.

The Western Pennsylvania Chapter of PSHP (WPSHP) is sponsoring its first Patients, Posters, and Pearls presentation for pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, and pharmacy fellows on Thursday, November 19th. The event will occur virtually from 5:30-7 PM.

I am emailing to invite students, residents, or fellows to participate in this event. There is NO COST for participation in the event.

  *   If you are interested in participating in this event, please RSVP to kasperwr at upmc.edu<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmc.edu%2F&data=02%7C01%7Crx2021%40list.pitt.edu%7C367edfdb116e4f74a39208d8663b8416%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637371753102943462&sdata=k1ML%2BfC3GIucAEcZreiVnG8%2BaNYajMD%2Fr3nVGHbxXHc%3D&reserved=0> with the attached presentation registration form by Friday, October 30th

     *   Please Note: We would encourage students, residents, and fellows to use this session as an opportunity to receive feedback on their posters prior to the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting (and therefore be able to make changes to their work prior to final poster printing).  With increased restrictions on student posters at Midyear, limiting the ability of students to present at Midyear, and now that Midyear is virtual, we encourage the use of this event to gain presentation experience. We also encourage students, residents, and fellows to present a patient case or pearl to gain experience

Thank you!
Pitt SSHP