[Rx2021] P3/P4 IPPE/APPE Rotation Update

Pschirer, James Joseph pschirer at pitt.edu
Thu Mar 12 18:48:18 EDT 2020

Dear P3 and P4 Students,

The University of Pittsburgh, and Pitt Pharmacy, are following CDC guidance regarding COVID-19, and we wanted to share our plan for IPPE and APPE students for this Spring and Summer 2020:

P3 IPPE and P4 APPE student rotations will continue as already planned at your sites, unless your site has let us and/or you know of learner restrictions. We understand that many facilities are creating action plans, and we will support their efforts.

Special note: If you are assigned to UPMC Presbyterian/Montefiore/Shadyside/Western Psychiatric Hospital or any of their outpatient clinics for your IPPE or APPE, you will not start on Monday, March 16th as we have been notified that they are implementing a pre-screening tool for all learners. You will need to complete the attached Screening Tool and scan and return it to Prof. Skledar no later than noon on Monday, March 16th.   The Screening Tool will be sent to UPMC for approval and they will let us know who is approved by Tuesday, March 17th.  Once approved, your IPPE or APPE rotation will start on Wednesday, March 18th.  Students not approved will be handled on a case by case basis.

P3s: Regarding your P3 course-related activities, please follow instructions that will be posted on Blackboard for alternative plans.

Thank you for your cooperation during this challenging time.

Sue Skledar, RPh, MPH, FASHP
Director of Experiential Learning and Continuing Professional Development
Professor, Department of Pharmacy & Therapeutics
228 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1504
Sjs15 at pitt.edu<mailto:Sjs15 at pitt.edu>

James J. Pschirer, PharmD
Associate Director of Experiential Learning
228 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-383-5229