[Rx2021] PittPharmacy Global Health Symposium - Jan 28!

Jonkman, Lauren Jennifer ljf1 at pitt.edu
Fri Jan 18 09:57:31 EST 2019

Dear PittPharmacy community,

Please join us for the first ever PittPharmacy Global Health Pharmacy Symposium on January 28 from 3-6:30pm.  Two colleagues from the University of Namibia will be joining us to share their experiences in building pharmacy services in Namibia and I will be sharing my experiences as a Fulbright Scholar working with the University.  Lectures and discussion will be in Salk 456 from 3-5pm.

After the lectures, please join us for an interactive reception in Salk 402 from 5-6:30.  We invite students, residents, and faculty to share global health or international-focused research or practice posters on the monitors in 402.  Please RSVP by Friday Jan 25 if you are able to present a poster during this session.  We are looking for lots of wonderful ideas to be shared.  (No need for new work, please consider presenting a poster you have presented elsewhere!)  The best poster will receive a cash prize!

Finally during the reception, we would like to host a photo contest where students, faculty, and staff with photographs related to the theme of global health can compete for a cash prize!  Bring your photo to 402 at 5pm to be hung for the competition.

You are welcome to join us for any amount of time during this day to meet our guests and interact over the theme of global health pharmacy.  We are so pleased for this opportunity and hope to see you there!

Warmly,
Lauren Jonkman, Sharon Connor, and Jenna Ingram (P3)
PittPharmacy Day Co-Chairs