[Rx2021] SIO GBM 1/31

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 22 08:53:14 EST 2019

Pharmacy Students:

The following email is being sent on behalf of Jackson Crouse.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image003.png at 01D4176A.794BCCD0]

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the Student Industry Organization, I would like to welcome you all back for another exciting semester at PittPharmacy. Our organization is specifically excited because this spring we will be hosting the annual SIO Symposium, our biggest event of the year. This event, and more, will all be discussed at our upcoming GBM on Thursday, January 31st at noon in Salk 402.

A few important talking points:

  *   First of all, our Symposium will be held February 15th-16th (Friday-Saturday), so it is less than one month away. This incredible networking opportunity will include talks from various industry professionals looking to inspire and educate students on their various companies and the various roles that pharmacists can be used in big pharma.
  *   In preparation for the Symposium, we will be going over networking/CV tips
  *   We will be discussing the possibilities of an upcoming "field trip" during the spring semester
  *   Brief overview on the SIO election process for the upcoming academic year

In the meantime, we will also be looking to use the SIO Facebook page this semester to keep everyone up to date on the important events of the semester. Please be sure to like this page!

https://www.facebook.com/SIOpitt/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSIOpitt%2F&data=02%7C01%7Csmm198%40pitt.edu%7Cfd84ad9fc639413be50408d67fdbbc25%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636836979107658287&sdata=1k9U4Sm7NjPiSx%2F6bn9dvw%2FR%2B3Y%2BO07I8COjGbQxNGY%3D&reserved=0>

More updates (especially on the Symposium) to come! We want this semester to be as rewarding for everyone as possible, so we encourage everyone to come to the GBM to hear about all of the upcoming events.

Stay warm, and enjoy the week.

Best,

Jackson Crouse

University of Pittsburgh