[Rx2021] We are looking for help with an upcoming Year of Healthy U activity!

Waters, Thomas C waterstc at pitt.edu
Tue Oct 31 10:18:11 EDT 2017

The University of Pittsburgh is promoting a "Year of Healthy U" by sponsoring many events.  The School of Dental Medicine in cooperation with the School of Pharmacy, are hosting a gratitude project, as a part of the Healthy U activities.  During the month of November (THANKSgiving) we are planning to send out daily school-wide messages of gratitude written by invited faculty, staff and students with a prompt that would inspire our community members to also consider what they are grateful for.

The committee organizing the project is made up of  Thomas Waters, Marcia Walsh, and Nina Markovic.

We are asking for your help with the project – by having you compose one of the messages of gratitude that will be shared with a prompt.

We have found a few resources with suggested gratitude prompts that may help stimulate your thinking (attached).  Some quick examples include:
·         What made you laugh today?
·         What is something you love in nature?
·         What is a special memory from childhood?
·         What skills or abilities are you thankful to have?
·         What music are you thankful to be able to listen to and why?

We would expect that your “I am grateful for….” would be one to 3 sentences, not a long narrative,  followed by a gratitude prompt for the readers (such as the prompt examples above).

Would you please consider this request?  (We’d be very grateful!)
If you have questions or want to discuss further with either Marcia, Nina, or myself, feel free to contact us.

Thank you-
Thomas Waters
Marcia Walsh
Nina Markovic