[Rx2021] COVID Vaccine Availability: Respond ASAP!

Kroboth, Patricia D pkroboth at pitt.edu
Sat Jan 16 19:13:15 EST 2021

Deadline:  6:00 p.m. Sunday, January 17, 2021
Action:  Respond to the linked quick survey!

Student Pharmacists,

It is happening!  At very short notice, we believe that COVID vaccine immunizations may begin for some PITTPharmacy students as soon as Tuesday morning, January 19 (1st day of classes) at the UPMC Southside site.  There are limited appointments for this date but be assured that this is only the first of multiple opportunities for COVID immunization.

We will make arrangements with faculty for class absences on that day for those students who opt in for the vaccine and are selected.  If you cannot make this date or are not selected, please do not worry as there will be more opportunities soon through University programs.

As a first step to orchestrating this specific opportunity,  it is imperative that you respond to this survey by 6:00 p.m. Sunday, January 17, 2021!  You must be able to get to UPMC South Side at the stated appointment time (to be provided later) AND also be able to return to UPMC South Side in 3-4 weeks to receive Dose #2.

As we learn more about this and other clinics, we will work with you through either Project Immunization and/or your class officers!  Please check email frequently on Monday, as this is a rapidly moving situation.   We wish to make opportunities available to as many students as possible.

                https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5paCdkjqNFelSAu

Take care and thank you for your quick response!
PDK

Patricia D Kroboth, Dean
Dr. Gordon J. Vanscoy Distinguished Service Professor
School of Pharmacy
University of Pittsburgh