[Rx2021] Teacher of the Year Nominations

Erdman, Grace Ellen GEE8 at pitt.edu
Tue Feb 16 20:30:29 EST 2021

Hello Everyone!

I hope Block 8 is treating everyone well! As you are all aware with graduation around the corner it is time to vote for the Cohen Teacher of the Year Award, which will be presented during our graduation ceremony on behalf of our class.

I will be accepting nominations for Cohen Teach of the Year until Feb 23rd at midnight. From there, we can vote as a class among the nominees! If you have any questions let me know!

Cohen Teacher of the Year

  Outstanding teaching contributions during the classroom portion of the professional curriculum

Below are the qualifications for the award:

 Recipient must:

 - Be a faculty member of the School of Pharmacy

 - Have classroom teaching responsibilities in one or more years of the professional curriculum

**Think back to P1 and P2 years as well as P3!  Be sure to think of all of our PittPharmacy faculty when making nominations.**

Below is a list of the past recipients of the award:

List of Past Awardees

AWARDEE NAME

YEAR

Scott Drab

2020

Randy Smith

2019

Lucas A. Berenbrok

2018

Kristine Schonder

2017

Scott Drab

2016

James Pschirer

2015

Neal Benedict

2014

Karen Pater

2013

James Pschirer

2012

Paul Schiff

2011

Kristine Schonder

2010

Neal Benedict

2009

Kristine Schonder

2008

Michael Shullo

2007

Rowena Schwartz

2006

Paul Schiff

2005

Rowena Schwartz

2004

Denise Howrie

2003

Joseph Knapp

2002

Paul Schiff

2001

Terrence Schwinghammer

2000

Rowena Schwartz

1999

About Stan Cohen:

Stanford I. Cohen was a senior lecturer of pharmacy administration at the University of Pittsburgh. He was an amazing teacher, a beloved businessman, and a model pharmacist. He served on numerous boards of civic, academic, health care institutions and was a member of the Board of Trustees at the University. Cohen was also a past president of the PittPharmacy Alumni Society and key volunteer who helped start the University Annual Fund Gift Program.

Stan could easily demonstrate to students the importance of networking with agencies and institutions in the community. His approach to education was practical and eclectic. He felt strongly that both the arts and sciences dealt with the human condition, just in different ways, both of which were valid and useful to health professionals.

Grace Erdman

PharmD Class of 2021

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
B.S. Biology Class of 2016