[Rx2021] Block 9 APPE update (yes, Block 9!)

Skledar, Susan Jean sjs15 at pitt.edu
Tue Feb 16 05:47:54 EST 2021

Hello P4s,

Keep up the GREAT work!!! You are almost there!

I am happy to report that we have verified your block 9 APPEs as much as we can, so please connect with your preceptors to find out about your block 9 logistics. Rotations will most likely continue to be in-person, remote, or a hybrid. Please follow your preceptor's lead on this.

Other Key Reminders:

-Check E*Value for site requirements

-Your CastleBranch account must be up-to-date, including your COVID training and flu shots. If you are an approved PA student vaccinator/immunizer, please have your forms handy in case your preceptor asks you to see those.

-Please make sure all rotation Portfolio/E*Value work is completed by the Monday following each rotation's end, as it is critical that all work be completed prior to your graduation, so we can assign final grades for rotations. This is especially critical for block 9, as there are only a few days between the end of block 9 and your GRADUATION!

Please stay safe and well, and if you need anything, let us know.

Prof. Skledar, Dr. Pschirer, Dr. Yarabinec, and Ms. Schmotzer

Sue Skledar, RPh, MPH, FASHP

Director of Experiential Learning

Professor, Department of Pharmacy & Therapeutics

228 Salk Hall

Pittsburgh, PA 15261

412-648-1504

sjs15 at pitt.edu