[Rx2021] Volunteer Opportunity: Pitt Health Buddies

ASCP Pitt pittascp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:26:09 EST 2021

Good Afternoon,

A really cool opportunity in collaboration with the Pitt Medical School has come up, and they would like to get the School of Pharmacy involved!

Pitt Med has a program called Pitt Health Buddies. This is a way for graduate students to make friendly calls to local seniors who live alone and may be feeling more isolated because of the pandemic. This is an optional volunteer experience, but is an excellent opportunity to add volunteer, patient care, and collaboration experience to your CV/resume. It is also a great way to build your communication skills with older adults!

If you’d like to sign up, please use the Google Form below. You will be assigned a senior Buddy from our partner organizations (Eastern Area Adult Services or CommunityLIFE) as individuals sign up. This may take a few weeks, but we'll email you your Buddy's information as we receive them from our contacts.

We hope this will be a fun, laid-back and rewarding experience. You’ll be able to make a new friend, learn about the experience of aging, practice your communication skills, and combat feelings of isolation that often affect isolated seniors. You can call your Buddy however much and whenever you want. Just make sure to check with them first to see how often they would like to be called! We’ll assign them a second partner if you can’t call as often as they would like.

Your participation can be for as long as you want it to be, just email us if you’d like to end your involvement and we’ll reassign your partner.

Below is the google form to sign up:

https://forms.gle/LnkzJMkg3eCQDqmn9<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.com%2Fv3%2F__https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FLnkzJMkg3eCQDqmn9__%3B!!NHLzug!f01rrAk_SJ3dZSWjLLZCrS3caWk2u2XoM6aeH5Y8tF9CpRdmI1oIyzyXAQlraw4%24&data=04%7C01%7Crx2021%40list.pitt.edu%7C1001e803e2bf4ccbc30408d8ca038ca2%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637481463875357952%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=5jVAv%2Br710v5jjiet%2BLHHLakpy1e0v3ivLR%2FLUIc634%3D&reserved=0>

If you have any questions, please reach out to Abby Reigh (avr18 at pitt.edu<mailto:avr18 at pitt.edu>)!