[Rx2021] Important Updates from APhA-ASP

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Thu Oct 1 09:19:00 EDT 2020

The following email is being sent on behalf of Brooke Kulusich:

Hello Student Pharmacists,

Below are two important updates from APhA-ASP:

 1. MEMBERSHIP DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline for APhA-ASP membership has been EXTENDED through October 9 at midnight. We encourage ALL student pharmacists to take advantage what APhA-ASP has to offer. In fact, PittPharmacy values APhA-ASP membership so much, our School is willing to cover a portion of the annual dues for all student pharmacists, bringing the cost to students from $45 down to only $25. So...why should YOU join the +350 APhA-ASP members at PittPharmacy?

In our new remote world, regional and national conferences are more accessible and affordable than ever. As a member, you’ll have the opportunity to network and learn from students and pharmacists across the country while strengthening your resume and CV.

  *   The Region 2 Midyear Regional Meeting has been set for November 2-6! As a member, you’ll gain access to professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and career development all in an accessible, virtual format.
  *   Want to present your research project, Special Topics, or poster at a national pharmacy conference? The APhA Annual Meeting and Exposition is set for Los Angeles March 12-15, 2021. Even if the meeting goes remote, all members will have the opportunity to attend the most comprehensive meeting for pharmacy professionals and future leaders to learn about career and leadership opportunities from nationally recognized experts.
Find your people: Make yourself at home in PittPharmacy’s largest student organization. Build a sense of community by engaging in hands-on patient care projects, attending social events, and exploring leadership opportunities at the regional and national levels.

Sign up here for only $25!

https://pittpharmacy.wufoo.com/forms/qckzy9514tc8za/<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpittpharmacy.wufoo.com%2Fforms%2Fqckzy9514tc8za%2F&data=02%7C01%7Csmm198%40pitt.edu%7C0fef6940ef8f4155ceca08d865810ed6%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637370952422991054&sdata=gTx9XJB%2BuUWfJEiRfzGsG8Q0g7%2B7RjNd9xlXSgSNXDE%3D&reserved=0>
2. IMMUNIZATION TRAINING REGISTRATION: PittPharmacy, for the first time, is offering the APhA Immunization Training for ALL student pharmacists on Saturday, October 3 (flyer attached).  You may sign up for the event through the instructions on Canvas.

  *   If you have an existing APhA account, register for the Immunization Training Program using your log-in credentials.
  *   If you do not have an existing APhA account (ie. if you are a P1), you will be prompted to create an account. Once your account is created, you may register for the Immunization Training Program without payment.
  *   Do not pay the $45 dues through the APhA portal. This is not required to proceed with Immunization Training Program registration. If you unknowingly paid the $45 through the APhA portal, you may reach out to me and we’ll get you straightened out.
  *   As long as you have signed up for APhA-ASP membership through this Pitt membership form, https://pittpharmacy.wufoo.com/forms/qckzy9514tc8za/<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpittpharmacy.wufoo.com%2Fforms%2Fqckzy9514tc8za%2F&data=02%7C01%7Csmm198%40pitt.edu%7C0fef6940ef8f4155ceca08d865810ed6%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637370952422991054&sdata=gTx9XJB%2BuUWfJEiRfzGsG8Q0g7%2B7RjNd9xlXSgSNXDE%3D&reserved=0>, the School will take care of the rest. When we wrap up our Pitt membership drive on October 9, the School will submit full payment to APhA on behalf of all students who signed up for APhA-ASP membership. Then, your APhA account will update to reflect your status a member.

I hope this clarifies any confusion! Thanks for your continued interest in APhA-ASP. Please reach out with any questions and SIGN UP TODAY!

Best,

Brooke

Brooke E. Kulusich
University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy '22
(330) 716- 3906
BEK69 at pitt.edu<mailto:BEK69 at pitt.edu>