[Rx2021] Celebration of Remembrance-Humanity Gifts Registry

Detty, Jacqueline dettyj at pitt.edu
Tue Feb 11 16:24:39 EST 2020

[cid:image001.png at 01D5E0F7.C0AA0710]

TO:                 Medical School Students, Staff, and Faculty

FROM:           Ann E. Thompson, MD, MCCM

                        Vice Dean

DATE:            February 11, 2020

SUBJECT:    2019-2020 Celebration of Remembrance - Humanity Gifts Registry

The Humanity Gifts Registry will hold a Memorial Service on Friday, May 8, 2020 at 1:30 pm in Heinz Chapel.

This service will honor a group of individuals whose foresight and desire to promote medical education have meant so much to our teaching and research programs.  By donating their bodies to the Humanity Gifts Registry, they have improved the education of future health professionals.  It is easy to lose sight of the fact that before they became part of the learning process, these individuals were full of spirit and life.  This service is an opportunity to offer our respect and gratitude, and to acknowledge a very special gift that has been given by our fellow men and women.

I hope you will join us in this tribute. Thank you.