[Rx2021] Update: Face shields

Skledar, Susan Jean sjs15 at pitt.edu
Wed Aug 26 11:27:51 EDT 2020

Hello P4s,

We hope you are continuing to stay safe and have meaningful (albeit different!) P4 APPE rotations. We continue to work very hard on your behalf to continue your P4 learning sites this year.

As information continually changes, some sites are now requiring face shields/eye protection for students, in addition to the face coverings (i.e. masks) you are already wearing. For example, sites such as St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Pottstown Hospital, Reading Hospital, and HUP (Hospital University of Pennsylvania) are requiring face shields (or goggles) now. As always, continue to check eValue for the latest updates on your sites prior to your rotation start.

If your site requires the face shield, here are a few suggested sites where you can purchase these, either directly or via Amazon. You may also be able to find face shields at Sam’s Club, Walmart, or Home Depot. We wanted to provide you with some options in case you were not sure where to get them.

Thank you for continuing to adhere to these important COVID-19 safety practices.

Medline/Key Surgical
https://www.medline.com/sku/item/MDPKYS4506

Pleson:
Pleson 5-Piece Face Shield<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0872PMXVN/ref=as_li_tl?ots=1&ie=UTF8&tag=biip_063020_best-medical-face-shield-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B0872PMXVN&linkId=ba01f7fe0cfb5479623ab900db7d3be7>

Prof. Skledar

Sue Skledar, BS Pharm, MPH, FASHP
Director, Experiential Learning Program and Continuing Professional Development
Professor, Department of Pharmacy & Therapeutics
228 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1504