[Rx2021] APhA-ASP Update: House Point System

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Mon Sep 9 09:25:02 EDT 2019

The following email is being sent on behalf of Danielle Weaver.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5284E.65834700]

Hi Everyone,

Hope your semester is off to a great start! With the school year underway, we wanted to send out an update regarding something new APhA-ASP will be starting this year. As mentioned at our GBM, we will be utilizing a team-based point-system to encourage member engagement and hopefully create more of a sense of community among members. Given that APhA-ASP is such a large organization, we wanted to create smaller groups within our chapter to provide students with a better opportunity of getting to know one another and feel more connected.

Therefore, this year each student that joins APhA-ASP will be randomly assigned to one of four houses (Red, Blue, Yellow, or Green). Over the course of the year, members will be awarded points for attending/helping with any event hosted by one of the Pitt Pharmacy organizations (APhA, SSHP, SIO, ASCP, Kappa Psi, etc). At the end of the year, the house with the most points will receive a "cash prize" that can be used by the house for anything that is reimbursable through the school (e.g. - food, apparel, etc). Additionally, each month the individual member that earned the most points during the previous month will receive a prize. Current prizes include a portfolio, air pods, or Amazon Echo Dot.

For more information, check-out the attached document "APhA Membership - Houses". If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me or another APhA Eboard member.

TIMELINE of UPCOMING HOUSE EVENTS:

  *   House Prescribing - Friday, September 13th @ 12 pm in Salk 456

     *   Come join us for a Harry Potter/Sorting Hat-inspired event, in which each member will be given the opportunity to randomly select their house from a prescription vial
     *   To participate in the event, you must have your membership form submitted no later than Wednesday, September 11th!

        *   If you cannot attend the event or submit your membership form after September 11th, you will be randomly assigned a house and emailed your result
        *   Note: the final deadline for membership submission is Friday, September 20th!

     *   FREE ICE CREAM will be provided!!

        *   To ensure we have enough ice cream, please RSVP via the following form: https://forms.gle/xrjjFNSf3Cqi3VBL7<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FxrjjFNSf3Cqi3VBL7&data=02%7C01%7Csmm198%40pitt.edu%7C8be2e4fbc938466ca20508d732ff8124%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637033945766630217&sdata=Gnui4m%2BkRgmYbAxRyUMg7nIHYMAZbmJI6E4uFgaBvgg%3D&reserved=0>

  *   House Rep Elections & Oct. GBM - Wednesday, October 2nd @ 12 pm in Salk 402

     *   We will be looking for 2 members from each house to act as representatives for their house and liaisons between the Eboard and the houses. The responsibilities of the House Reps is outlined in the attached document "APhA Houses" and will be discussed during the House Prescribing event.
     *   House Reps will be elected by members of their house during the October GBM
     *   More info about running for a House Rep position will be sent out following the House Prescribing event

Again, if you have any questions, please reach out to me or another Eboard member. We are excited for this coming year and look forward to seeing you at the House Prescribing event on Friday, September 13th!!

Best,

Danielle Weaver

APhA-ASP, Membership VP

PharmD Program, Class of 2021