[Rx2021] SSHP First GBM Recap

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Wed Sep 4 10:16:54 EDT 2019

The following email is being sent on behalf of Roisin Sabol.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5284E.65834700]
Hello, PittPharmacy students!
Welcome back to school - we are all excited to start off an exciting school year! Thank you to everyone who made it out to SSHP’s first General Body Meeting on Tuesday. If you were unable to attend, our meeting PowerPoint is attached for you to review.

We wanted to share some important info about changes to SSHP’s new attendance policy, ways to get involved, and our upcoming events!

1. New attendance (points-based) policy
Students will be required to attend at least 2 GBMs/Guest Lectures (1 must be a Guest Speaker Lecture) and 1 Professional Projects event per semester. Each event is worth 5 points and members must earn at least 15 points per semester to be considered active members of SSHP. Additional points may be earned through fundraising and extra involvement.
2. Ways to get involved
We are looking for a P1 Representative! See the attached flyer for the application process. Applications are due by 9/10!
3. Upcoming events
Our annual Residency 101 lecture will be 9/18 during lunch, to be followed by a Career Expo and Q&A panel in the evening. The ASHP Midyear Info Session will be 9/26 during lunch. The first Professional Projects GBM will be 10/3 during lunch. Be on the lookout for signups for the Clinical Skills Competition which will occur 10/7-10/8!

Please complete the attached Membership Form and return to any Executive Board member by 9/20.
Finally, please follow us on social media to keep up with the latest events and information SSHP has to share!
Facebook: Pitt SSHP Member Page
Instagram: sshp.pitt

Thank you and feel free to reach out with any questions!
Roisin Sabol, P2
SSHP President-Elect
rms158 at pitt.edu<mailto:rms158 at pitt.edu>

———————