[Rx2021] PCOA - Information Enclosed

Freidhoff, Matthew John mjf49 at pitt.edu
Tue Oct 15 17:05:39 EDT 2019

Class of 2021:

Hope you all are well.  On January 30th, 2020, all P3 students will take the Pharmacy Curriculum Outcomes Assessment® (PCOA®).  PCOA is a comprehensive tool developed by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®) to provide an objective measure of student performance in United States pharmacy curricula (https://nabp.pharmacy/programs/pcoa/students/<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnabp.pharmacy%2Fprograms%2Fpcoa%2Fstudents%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cmjf49%40pitt.edu%7C9693bf498e814661f73508d74c1ea431%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637061567643198364&sdata=b%2B35La6XeuLIt%2BfFuHwqw%2Fv7I3iIcvi6C9EajaAVfEM%3D&reserved=0>).  PCOA is a mandatory assessment that all Schools of Pharmacy are to administer to their respective P3 classes.  Starting at 9am, students will have 3hrs to complete this foundational knowledge exam (~225 MC questions) in Salk 402.

Step one for you is to 1) create a NABP account (note: this will be your NABP account for the remainder of your career as a pharmacist) and 2) register for the PCOA.  The attachment contains detailed instructions regarding account creation and registration.  All P3 students must be registered by the end of the business day on Friday, November 1st.  Note that if you will be requesting Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations for the exam, the attached ADA form must be completed by November 1st.

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns regarding the assessment or registration.  Once all are registered, we will meet as a group (in January) to discuss technical requirements for the assessment.

Thank you,
Dr. Benedict

Neal Benedict, PharmD
Director of Curricular Assessment
Associate Professor Pharmacy and Therapeutics | University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
Critical Care Pharmacist | UPMC-Presbyterian hospital
Phone: (412) 647-6202