[Rx2021] Pitt Forms not appearing in the reporting database when expected.

Waters, Thomas C waterstc at pitt.edu
Mon Nov 18 15:27:48 EST 2019

A student reported that the count for their Pitt Forms was not correct.  In reviewing it, I’ve discovered that the reports from Qualtrics are coming into the reporting database 1 hour later than expected.  I think this was caused by the change with Daylights savings but I’m awaiting a reply from Qualtrics to be certain of that.

Here’s what is suppose to happen.  Every 15 minutes,  the reporting database gets new Pitt Forms from Qualtrics- 12:05, 12:20, 12:35, 12:50, 1:05, etc.

Let’s say, you submitted a report to Qualtrics at 12:47, then you would expect it to show up in the reporting database at 1:05.  But, what is happening, is that it is showing up at 2:05- an hour off of what is expected.  That’s why I think it is daylight savings time related.  If we hadn’t had the clocks set back an hour a few weeks ago, it would be the correct time.

Sorry for an inconvenience this has caused.  Once I get any confirmation from Qualtics about how their server is counting time, I’ll adjust the script on our server to eliminate this extra hour. Until then, know that all your Pitt Forms are being counted, but they may not be showing up in the reporting database as quickly as expected.

--
Thomas Waters
Director of New Media

412-383-7471