[Rx2021] RxPlore Summer Camp Info Session

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Thu Mar 28 08:21:26 EDT 2019

The following email is being sent on behalf of Melanie Umbaugh and Dafonso Davage.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image003.png at 01D4176A.794BCCD0]

Good Morning All,

There will be an info session regarding the new professional summer camp ran by the School of Pharmacy on Thursday, April 4th at noon in room 457. RxPlore will be hosting rising high school juniors and seniors to explore the field of pharmacy. The goal is to reach students who would otherwise not be exposed to the career field or on the cusp of deciding between other fields. It will be 5 days in July, the 22nd-26th. We need the help from as many excited pharmacy students as we can get. The impression you leave on these students can lead to a life-changing experience for them. You may be able to network and learn from some of the faculty and guests that we will host as well. We will need help in various capacities: assisting with daily activities and exercises, serving as mentors during social events, even simply sleeping at Nordenburg. We will need volunteers all day and through the night so if you are interested and can only come after work or even during an off-block, I encourage you to consider assisting.  For those interested, we will be discussing the details of the camp and how you can help. If you have any questions, feel free to contact myself (dtd20 at pitt.edu<mailto:dtd20 at pitt.edu>) or Melanie Umbaugh at (melanie.umbaugh at pitt.edu<mailto:Melanie.umbaugh at pitt.edu>). Lunch will be provided to attendees.

Best Regards,

Dafonso Davage, Jr.
Student Pharmacist, Class of 2021
dtd20 at pitt.edu<mailto:dtd20 at pitt.edu> |(202)660-8190