[Rx2021] Professional Electives Clarification

Sorensen, Cheryl Renee CRS149 at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 26 16:12:07 EDT 2019

Hello Rising P3 students,

I have received several inquiries regarding the number of credits for which you will be registered in the Fall term.  This email is to clarify your curricular requirements.  NOTE:  PharmD students must complete a minimum of six credits of professional electives and may register up to 19 credits in the Fall and Spring terms.  These electives can be taken inside of the School of Pharmacy or from the pre-approved list of professional electives outside of the School of Pharmacy (see below).

Please find attached your PharmD curriculum.  There is space included in both the Fall and Spring of your P3 year for electives.  You still need to email me your elective registration request and I will process these on a first-come, first-served basis.

If there are changes to the electives schedule, the list will be posted outside of Student Services and posted in the Semester Files section of the PittPharmacy Intranet.

NOTE:  If you completed acceptable professional electives during your P1-P3 years, these will count toward your professional electives requirement.  If you are pursuing an ARCO, please work with your ARCO coordinator(s) to ensure that you are on track for completing your requirements.

Please feel free to contact me should you need anything further.

Cheryl Sorensen, MBA | Academic Records Manager
3501 Terrace Street | 229 Salk Hall | Pittsburgh, PA 15261