[Rx2021] SNPhA/CPFI Cyclone Idai Sticker Fundraiser

Monangai, Kathy Etale KEM173 at pitt.edu
Thu Apr 11 12:02:27 EDT 2019

Hello PittPharmacy Students, Faculty, and Staff,

About a month ago, Cyclone Idai hit land in southern Africa. This record-breaking natural disaster caused catastrophic damage in several African countries including Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Malawi. The death toll has reached 1,000 and unfortunately is still rising. This cyclone has been the worst natural disaster to affect Africa or any nation in the Southern Hemisphere in history. Seeing a pertinent need and having a mutual mission, SNPhA (Student National Pharmaceutical Association) and CPFI (Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International) have started a sticker fundraiser! Valerie Wan designed vinyl stickers that we will be selling for $3 to raise money for disaster relief and recovery efforts for the people affected by Cyclone Idai. A photo of the sticker has been attached and can be found on our Google Form. All proceeds will be donated to the Disaster Recovery Network of Global Giving. The stickers are great for laptops, cars, and water bottles!

We've shared the fundraiser with SNPhA chapters in various parts of the country and have gotten a great initial response in a matter of only 48 hours! If you would not like a sticker, but have considered donating to our fundraiser, there is an option to do so. Any amount would be appreciated! If you're willing, we would also love if you could please share the fundraiser.

The deadline to submit an order is Friday, April 19th! We will hand them out in Salk or mail them to you during or after finals week.

Find more information about the organization we're donating the funds to and our fundraiser here: https://forms.gle/K1VZpexJfRnSAJqU9<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FK1VZpexJfRnSAJqU9&data=02%7C01%7C%7C77a555e7892d4ff994c808d6be971861%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636905953485777226&sdata=mZ5XyYMNpKlwNaXaBQardPOQ2a0F6aiT7b56Yadgmnk%3D&reserved=0>

Good luck these next few weeks and here’s an early congratulations to the P4 class!!

Thank you for your consideration,

Gabrielle Hill, Kathy Monangai, Allie Taylor & Hager Mohamedein

--

Kathy E. Monangai
Student Pharmacist, Class of 2020

[cid:28BBFF93-5F2D-443E-85B7-E4EE4554F989 at hsd1.pa.comcast.net]