[Rx2021] RxAmbassadors Hiring - 2018-2019

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Thu Mar 1 14:01:24 EST 2018

Hi all,

The RxAmbassadors are opening several hiring positions to current P1 and P2 students for next year. Read below to find out more:

What are the RxAmbassadors?

    RxAmbassadors is an organization of student pharmacists chosen to represent the school of pharmacy in various recruitment scenarios. We utilize our well-trained ambassadors to spread the word about PittPharmacy to high school students via programs such as SimMan presentations, Admitted Students Days, Blue and Gold Days and PittStart just to name a few. We also recruit undergraduate students via our PIER programs and our partnership with RxPrep. We give tours to families with students and alumni/alumnae alike who come to visit. We as an organization are the face of PittPharmacy and as such are held to the highest standards because to represent PittPharmacy requires nothing less.

What can the RxAmbassadors do for you?

RxAmbassadors will help you develop leadership skills as a student pharmacist via various opportunities such as becoming a committee leader or rising in the ranks to as high as president. We help you to practice thinking critically and to teach you to think on your feet. As a consequence of our programs, you will see improvements in communication and public speaking skills, as well as time management. In addition, professionalism is a hallmark of the organization that you will develop throughout your time with us.

What has changed since last year?

    We have decided to restructure the RxAmbassador program in several ways. First of all, the program will only have 2 types of paid events: telemarketing, actual tours of Salk Hall and off-campus recruitment events. ALL on-campus recruitment events, including tours, will be unpaid but are great opportunities for leadership experience and are useful as resume-builders. Secondly, the program will have an annual rehire and a reapplication every year from hereon out. Due to this, every year, the entire class of P1s and P2s will have an opportunity to apply for a position with us.

Requirements to apply:

1. Fill out an application here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPl_4sTYcB8K26zb0gLc8psNir1vT0DGSMQ5Y9Or3d7Yk0bQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

   The application is due complete by Sunday, March 25th at midnight.

2. Review and practice with our tour slot outline<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xleG6vZ8JxxPCiJIdPnKkf6w1Kj-sGyk7MRCUA3QG7s/edit?usp=sharing> and sign up for a tour slot day<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13h-2UB-1gectlvuUK7Uod2GV7dermX28EzLI_3Tyr8k/edit?usp=sharing>. You will have to give an example tour to a faculty member and/or a current RxAmbassador. When signing up, keep in mind that applicant tours will occur from 4-5 PM and the date ranges are from Monday, March 12th until March 30th. Any day that is highlighted is available. Feel free to contact me (dps44 at pitt.edu<mailto:dps44 at pitt.edu>) if you cannot make any of the days/times work and I can find you separate time. Professional dress should be worn for your tour.

3. Visit www.pittsource.com<http://www.pittsource.com> and select the Student Positions tab. Search for “RxAmbassador” in the keyword box. Click the job listing and fill out the application. You MUST complete this step to be hired by the University.
PittSource - Applicant Portal | Home<http://www.pittsource.com/>
www.pittsource.com<http://www.pittsource.com>
Embark on a new career at Pitt! Join more than 13,000 people working together to make a difference in the lives of each other, our communities, and the world.

Thanks,

RxAmbassadors Team

Daniel Schrum
PharmD Program, Class of 2020