[Rx2021] PRIMERx PROGRAM

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Wed Aug 29 08:38:09 EDT 2018

The following email is being sent on behalf of Caylee Sams and Dan Schrum.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image003.png at 01D4176A.794BCCD0]

[cid:a02c2357-1fd3-4b50-a9e1-d872d07d9313]

Hello Pitt Pharmacy Students!

I hope everyone has had a successful first week back! I am contacting you with some exciting news for the School of Pharmacy!  Over the past few months Dan Schrum and I (both P3 student leaders) have been developing a career development resource for the pharmacy school. After working with the administration and faculty, it was apparent that our program aligned very well with the pharmacy school’s co-curriculum (opportunities available outside our coursework to personalize our education).  Thus, the Primerx Program was born. This program will increase the stock of Pitt Pharmacy students as competitive applicants to residency, PhD, MBA, fellowship and direct-to-workforce training programs by providing them with essential information concerning career development topics. This information will be provided using large workshops that will cover the following subject matter: What are our options after PharmD? Where can post-PharmD training take us? What organization best compliments our desired career paths, What should my CV look like if I am interested in a career path of X Y or Z…and many more!  The Primerx Program is not an additional student organization but a school-wide resource to encourage support for all students regardless of career aspirations.  The Primerx Program was developed to help students structure their extracurricular activities, internship opportunities, research involvement, leadership experience, etc. toward a desired goal. In addition to the large career development workshops, the individual student organizations will be hosting smaller Primerx events tendered toward the focus of that organization.  Each of the student organization events will follow the universal learning objectives of the Primerx Program in order to provide students with unique, yet cohesive, career development information.

The first Primerx Program Workshop will be hosted on Wednesday, September 26th from 5-7 pm in Scaife 5.  There will be more information to come on the Introductory Workshop. Be on the look out for the Primerx Logo attached to this email for large workshop advertising and student organization events. This is the inaugural year for this program at Pitt Pharmacy and Dan and I welcome any questions, or concerns, students may have.  We are both incredibly excited to kick-start this program and encourage you all to participate!

Sincerely,

Caylee Sams

PharmD Program, Class of 2020

crs120 at pitt.edu<mailto:crs120 at pitt.edu>