[Rx2021] PPC Clarifications: Optional Assignment, In-Class Quiz, Top Drugs Quiz, and Jones Family Drugs

Kashkoush, Mohamed Adam mokashkoush at pitt.edu
Thu Sep 28 09:20:55 EDT 2017

Hi Class of 2021,

There has been quite a bit of confusion regarding what to do for PPC tomorrow. I'll try to clear this up as much as possible:

  1.  There is a reading quiz that will be taken tomorrow in-class. It will cover all of chapter 5 and the portions of chapter 6 that were not quizzed on Monday. Please see the attached Microsoft Word document for details.
  2.  The Top Drugs (drugs 11-20) online quiz is to be completed on courseweb by 8am tomorrow.
  3.  The optional assignment is also due at the beginning of class tomorrow. Completing this assignment can earn you up to 20 points back on the first two quizzes we took (on 9/18 and 9/25). This is a great opportunity to earn points back if you didn't do well on either of the first two quizzes. I have also attached the PDF of this assignment for your convenience.
  4.  Look up all the drugs that your patient in the Jones Family is taking. Look up the indications, effectiveness, and safety considerations for each of the drugs. I am not sure if this is worth points, but Dr. Berenbrok did mention to do this by Friday. From the powerpoint used in class on Monday:
     *   Indication: What is this medication for? There is a clinical indication for each medication being taken. All of the medication that is required to treat each of the patient’s medical conditions is being taken.
     *   Safety: What problems have you had with this medication? There are no adverse drug reactions being experienced. There are no signs of toxicity.
     *   Effectiveness: How is this medication working for you? The most effective drug product is being used. The dosage of the medication is sufficient to achieve the goals of therapy.

That's all I have, but PLEASE continue asking questions if things are still confusing. I don't want anyone missing points because they didn't know about assignments/quizzes.

Best wishes,

Mo Kashkoush, B.S.
PharmD Student | Class of 2021
Email: mokashkoush at pitt.edu