[Rx2021] White Coat Ceremony: Important Information

Kashkoush, Mohamed Adam mokashkoush at pitt.edu
Fri Oct 13 06:09:36 EDT 2017

Good Morning Class of 2021,

The following is some general information to keep in mind about the white coat ceremony - it is only a bit further than 3 months away!

White Coat Ceremony

  *   Ceremony start time: 2:30 p.m on Friday, January 19th   Please note: P1 class arrival time will be earlier and provided at a later date.
  *   Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum: 4141 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA
  *   The ceremony/group photo is typically over by 4:45 p.m.
  *   There will be a reception with light refreshments immediately following in the Grand Ballroom of Soldiers and Sailors. Reception is over around 5:50 p.m.
  *   There is no limit to the number of guests you may bring.
Ordering White Coats

  *   White coats will be ordered from The University Store on Fifth (4000 Fifth Avenue).
  *   Dates and times TBD
  *   There will also be two fitting dates before we order, the date/time is also TBD.
Home Mailing Address

  *   Invitations will be mailed to your home mailing address.
  *   Please make certain that your family home mailing address is correct. Revisions must be completed by OCTOBER 31, 2017. Please contact either Mrs. Stell, Mara, Hailey, or myself if you do not know how to locate the home mailing address that Pitt has on file.
  *   If a parent resides at a different household, please request one additional invitation to be sent by emailing stellkj at pitt.edu<mailto:stellkj at pitt.edu> before December 1 and list their full name and mailing address. All invitations will be mailed mid-December.
Rehearsal Date

  *   All P1 students must attend the White Coat Ceremony rehearsal on FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2018, 8:00 – 8:50 a.m. in Scaife Hall, LR 5.
Alma Mater Volunteers

  *   We need P1 volunteers with singing experience to sing (A cappella) the Alma Mater at the beginning of the ceremony. Please email Mrs. Stell at stellkj at pitt.edu<mailto:stellkj at pitt.edu> before November 10 if you are interested in volunteering for this honor.
Other Selected Information

  *   We will be asking for a baby picture and a current picture to play during the slideshow - start looking through your cutest/funniest (must be appropriate) baby photos!
  *   There is no limit on how many guests you can invite (although only one official home invite will be sent, unless your parents do not live in the same house together.)
  *   No nicknames on white coat (although there are some exceptions for those studying abroad who use a second name).
  *   Any pins you plan on wearing along with your white coats should be pinned after the ceremony. No pins are allowed to be worn during the ceremony.
  *   You will be asked to fill out a biography form in the coming months. This will be used during the ceremony and will be a great chance to share with the class what your career interests are, what your hobbies are, or anything else you want the world to know about you.
  *   The first day of spring semester is 1/9/2018, just 10 days before the ceremony. Winter break will be a great time to plan accordingly with your family, if you will be going home during that time.
Please let Mrs. Stell, Mara, Hailey, or I know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. You will definitely be hearing more about this in the next few months, so do not worry if all of this information is a bit overwhelming a first. And remember - the whole idea behind getting our coats in January is so that we earn them during this semester. It's nice to keep that in mind during heavy testing periods.

Wishing you all the best of luck on our PPC exam today,

Mo Kashkoush, B.S.
PharmD Student | Class of 2021
Email: mokashkoush at pitt.edu
Cell: (484) 387-0627