[Rx2021] APhA-ASP General Updates

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Thu Oct 5 08:01:31 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone who came out to our GBM yesterday- it was a big success and we enjoyed having Meryam speak to us and she really enjoyed meeting our chapter!

I wanted to pass along some important information and deadlines coming up:

1) If you are attending MRM, the deadline to fill out the school’s Googleform is THIS FRIDAY, October 6th by midnight. In order to receive any reimbursement for MRM, you must fill out this Googleform by the deadline, otherwise you will not be eligible.

https://goo.gl/forms/RswJ3CdiHojvCWX83

2) If you are attending MRM, the deadline for EarlyBird registration is also THIS FRIDAY, October 6th. The EarlyBird rate is $125 vs $165 after October 6th, so make sure you sign up on the APhA-ASP website by Friday to get the cheaper rate! However, you can still register through APhA up until the day of the conference but again, it will be the $165 registration rate. More details on reimbursement procedures will be discussed at our MRM meeting.

http://mrm.pharmacist.com/

3) There will be an MRM informational meeting that is MANDATORY if you are attending MRM on Thursday, October 19th at 12 pm in room 524. We will be going over the schedule of events, reimbursement procedures, dress code, and other conference preparation tips.

4) In addition to the school Googleform for reimbursement, there is a Googleform that you need to fill out for our chapter with your basic information so that I am able to have record of all students attending the conference. I have attached the link below- please fill this out by Thursday, October 26th. (** date changed from the one in the PPT **)

https://goo.gl/forms/PzX82Va3uKJujQii2

5) Remember that October is American Pharmacists Month! Make sure to follow us @PittASP on Twitter for daily facts about pharmacy and American Pharmacists Month and use the hashtag #APhM to post your own pictures and facts as well to help promote our profession and what we as students can do!

6) Our next GBM is Wednesday, November 1st at 12 pm ( roomTBD ). We will be highlighting students with unique internships/experiences, so make sure to come out and learn about the opportunities out there for us as students, how to apply, and get information from your classmates on these experiences! Stay tuned for more information!

I have attached the PowerPoint with all of the information covered at the GBM as well. Do not hesitate to reach out to myself or an Eboard member with questions or concerns.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PGqxyLbdk1Jn6qMJYa2U8xE2zRV1eE8TRrUXKRoXglA/edit?usp=sharing

Happy American Pharmacists Month!

Sincerely,

Sarah Hunt