[Rx2021] Walgreens Immunization Collaboration

Borrelli, Marcia borrelli at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 10 11:21:12 EST 2021

Walgreens has been chosen as one of the Federal partners to deliver COVID-19 vaccinations to nursing home residents across the country during Phase 1a.  To date, we are proud to say that we have administered over 2 million COVID-19 vaccines across the US and are committed to the continued progress to administer vaccines as expeditiously as possible. As vaccine rollout continues across the country, we are collaborating with the federal, state, and local governments to administer COVID-19 vaccines in a variety of methods, including in stores and at mass immunization events.

Walgreens has been in touch with many of your colleges in response to how your students can support vaccination efforts.  To that end, Walgreens has numerous opportunities available for pharmacy students.  Students may participate in one of two ways: first, via assignment through an existing or new IPPE or APPE rotation, or second, as a paid Walgreens Pharmacy Intern or Pharmacy Technician. Walgreens welcomes the reassignment of students to existing rotations or through the creation and assignment of new rotations.  Please contact your local Walgreens key contact if you wish to expand your current agreement or pursue a new one.  Walgreens is also actively hiring paid Pharmacy Interns in many areas of the country.  Pharmacy Interns can view and apply for opportunities at https://jobs.walgreens.com/internships<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.walgreens.com%2Finternships&data=04%7C01%7Crx2021%40list.pitt.edu%7C1aa0ddd0d05348209f2d08d8cddfe393%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637485708765190283%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=1B0bzRHgEu9qispoj%2BZePQFZ068JCk7xi1HrKR1Ao2o%3D&reserved=0>.  All Pharmacy Interns participating in immunization must have completed Immunization Administration training and maintain active CPR certification and licensure where applicable by their state.

In addition to opportunities for students interns Walgreens is also hiring many Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists to assist with our vaccine efforts, including part-time or temporary positions to support vaccination efforts.  We also welcome interested members of the Colleges' Faculty and Staff to apply for positions if they are interested in supporting vaccination efforts.  These postings can be viewed and applied for online at https://jobs.walgreens.com/pharmacy<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.walgreens.com%2Fpharmacy&data=04%7C01%7Crx2021%40list.pitt.edu%7C1aa0ddd0d05348209f2d08d8cddfe393%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637485708765190283%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=gUfjfPDl191pSpblMZNS9jgqJDycGCAWLbrhWUxLkcg%3D&reserved=0>.

For additional information or questions, please reach out to your local Walgreens key contact or to pharmacyaffairs at walgreens.com<mailto:pharmacyaffairs at walgreens.com> for additional assistance.  We appreciate the enthusiasm from the colleges and students to support our efforts and welcome your continued collaboration.

Warm Regards,

Lorri

Lorri Walmsley, RPh, FAzPA

Director, Pharmacy Affairs

Walgreen Co.

Telephone 602-214-6618

Member of Walgreens Boots Alliance │ MyWalgreens.com

This email message, including attachments, may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, privileged and/or exempt from disclosure. Please hold it in confidence to protect privilege and confidentiality. If you are not the intended recipient, then please notify the sender and delete this message. Any viewing, copying, publishing, disclosure, distribution of this information, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message by unintended recipients is prohibited and may constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.