[Rx2021] PittPharmacy Town Hall: ON BEING ASIAN in AMERICA

Detty, Jacqueline dettyj at pitt.edu
Thu Apr 15 10:04:07 EDT 2021

Good Morning,

Please join us for a PittPharmacy Town Hall!

WHAT:  PittPharmacy Town Hall: ON BEING ASIAN in AMERICA

WHEN:  Wednesday, April 21st, 12pm-1pm (an Outlook invitation will follow)

WHERE:  Via Zoom at https://pitt.zoom.us/j/94082047729

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Asians and Asian Americans have been scapegoated as bringing and carrying disease across the country. This rhetoric is not new, but the acts of hate and violence have escalated. In this timely and critical panel, hear from Pitt School of pharmacy students and faculty about how Asian, Asian American, and Pacific Islander communities are dealing with targeted hate violence, what it means to be Asian in America, and how we can be in solidarity with victims of racism & xenophobia, and what forms of justice our communities are fighting for.

Agenda:

·       Dean Patricia Kroboth – Welcome

·       Assoc. Dean Mario Browne, moderator – Introduction of panelists

o   Dr. Wen Xie

o   Eric Joohyung Lee, PharmD P3

o   Xinran Cai, Pharmacy Graduate Student

o   Xin (Oliver) Tong, Pharmacy Graduate Student

o   Jessica Nguyen, PharmD P3

o   Jasmine Chang, PharmD P3

·       Each panelist shares opening statements for about 5 minutes on their personal experiences of Asian identity in America.

·       Engage panel and audience in 20-25 minutes of Q&A/discussion.

·       Final thoughts/Wrap-up

Jackie Detty
Executive Assistant to Patricia D. Kroboth, PhD
Dean, School of Pharmacy
University of Pittsburgh
(412) 624-2400