[Rx2021] Upcoming Event 4/3/21 - A Deaf Patient's Perspective [PrimeRx Pre-Approved]

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Fri Apr 2 10:17:14 EDT 2021

The following email is being sent on behalf of Melanie (Umbaugh) Norris:

Good morning, PittPharmacy!

My name is Melanie and I am a current P4. I am reaching out to share a unique event that is being organized by the undergraduate American Sign Language Club. They will be hosting A Deaf Patient's Perspective tomorrow, Saturday, April 3rd, from 2:00 - 4:00 PM on Zoom. The Zoom Meeting ID is 933 3598 6078.

This event will be an interactive panel with Deaf individuals and medical professionals sharing their thoughts on addressing health disparities and important considerations when caring for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing patients. The bios of the panelists are attached to this email, and the flyer can be seen below.

This event has been pre-approved for PrimeRx as a catalog item under Cultural Sensitivity, Patient Advocacy, and Professionalism.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about the event. Hope to see you there!

[cid:e8af9b53-3df9-4f08-83ad-4127cec96aa4]

Melanie

Melanie (Umbaugh) Norris

University of Pittsburgh, School of Pharmacy

PharmD Candidate Class of 2021

msu1 at pitt.edu<mailto:msu1 at pitt.edu> | (814) 603 - 9125