[Rx2021] Block 3 and Block 4 APPE Update

Skledar, Susan Jean sjs15 at pitt.edu
Tue Aug 11 09:13:44 EDT 2020

Hello P4s,

Hope you all are doing well in this challenging time. We are doing our best to keep your year progressing, and we are proud of the work you are doing. A few updates about block 3, as it completes, and upcoming block 4:

Block 3:
We will be reviewing portfolios and eValue after block 3 finishes, and it is critical that you complete portfolio and eValue requirements by the Monday immediately following the rotation's end. This deadline holds true for every rotation. Failure to meet the deadline for completion of portfolio and eValue requirements will result in an incomplete grade for the rotation and loss of your "Honors' grade, if your preceptor awarded you that.

Block 4:
UPMC has just updated their COVID training module, so if you are going to any on-site UPMC rotation during block 4 or in any future blocks, you MUST go through the module again and complete the attestation questions at the end. You will receive an updated certificate. I just went thru the module myself again, and it does have some new information. It is quite good. You may be asked to show your certificate of completion, so please re-do the module according to the directions below as soon as possible. Access directions are below.

Prof. Skledar

UPMC COVID-19 module access:

  *   Return to COVID-19 Introduction Education at UPMC<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wolfflearningacademy.com%2Fapps%2Fcourses%2Fcourseview.asp%3Fcourse_id%3D9894&data=02%7C01%7C%7C2a0a64e6ee174cf2945d08d83df86013%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637327484249087897&sdata=PIBICg70nCclcZ%2BLvPALtsNEWTXRU7SEmoPHcF3c2yk%3D&reserved=0>, sign-in, and register for the current class date (as of today, this class had a deadline date of 8/21, but students can complete content for up to 1 year from date of sign up even if signing up on 8/20).
  *   Once signed up, return to the My Portfolio page, and make sure to click on the most current class to review the content and print a new certificate.

Sue Skledar, BS Pharm, MPH, FASHP
Director, Experiential Learning Program and Continuing Professional Development
Professor, Department of Pharmacy & Therapeutics
228 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1504