[Rx2021] New Student Organization - Infectious Diseases - Google Poll

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Mon Apr 6 08:13:06 EDT 2020

The following email is being send on behalf of Maia Klimatcheva.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
University of Pittsburgh
School of Pharmacy

Hi everyone!

I hope this email finds everyone healthy and well during this difficult time. I know that due to the constantly changing environment right now it's difficult to know what the next week will look like, let alone next semester. However, that being said, I am sending out this email to gauge everyone's interest in a new club that would be formed next semester!

Very appropriately, this club would be focused specifically on Infectious Disease Pharmacy. This past semester, Alecia Zika and I have been working with Dr. Falcione to begin to lay the ground work for the organization. It would involve guest lectures, residency panels, and community outreach specifically focused on infectious diseases and the pharmacist's role in treating them.
We have reached out to the Society of Infectious Disease Pharmacists about the formation of a student chapter (as far as we are aware, it would be their first) and are still waiting to hear back (understandably so with the current COVID-19 outbreak.) As we have yet to hear back, we do not have an official name for the organization yet, but we will keep you all posted!

If you have any interest at all in the topic/joining the club, we would really appreciate you filling out the attached google form by 4/13. It would really help us in making the next step to becoming an official organization through the university.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdV81Jemh9mTYvxNI1hXwaZJ-BGcTKtOlYmr-9u5DPJicfo8w/viewform?usp=sf_link

As this is a new club, there will be plenty of leadership opportunities to come ;)

Thank You and Stay Healthy!

Maia Klimatcheva and Alecia Zika