[Rx2021] Talk Saves Lives Email to All Classes

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Mon Sep 23 09:54:38 EDT 2019

The following email is being sent on behalf of Dana Abraham.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5284E.65834700]

Good morning,

I am pleased to reach out to you today as the Education and Training Chair of the College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists (CPNP) Student Chapter here at PittPharmacy. On behalf of CPNP, I would like to invite all classes to attend an important upcoming event where we will be hosting Alyx Mance from the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention (AFSP) to give the “Talk Saves Lives” presentation. The event will take place this Wednesday, September 25th 12pm-1pm in Salk Hall room 402.

The “Talk Saves Lives” presentation is designed to open up the conversation surrounding suicide and help attendees learn ways in which we can combat suicide together. As healthcare professionals, we often experience higher stress levels than other professions due to the nature of our work. With stress playing a large role in the development of depression and suicidal thoughts, this topic is crucial to not only our own well-being, but the well-being of those we serve. Additionally, the presentation is approved by the PrimeRx Program for Cultural Sensitivity to further engage students in this critical topic. Light refreshments will be provided.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions regarding this event. The rest of the CPNP Executive Board and I look forward to seeing you there!

Best,
Dana Abraham

---
Dana Abraham