[Rx2021] APPE Elective Opportunity: Centers for Disease Control (CDC) **Due December 1st**

Skledar, Susan Jean sjs15 at pitt.edu
Mon Sep 9 14:52:22 EDT 2019

Hi P3s,

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced its availability and instructions for the Pharmacy Student Experience Program for 2020-21, based in Atlanta, GA. Opportunities exist for APPE rotations in regulatory affairs,  HIV/AIDS prevention, (investigational) drug service, heart disease and stroke, antibiotic stewardship, tribal affairs, and medication safety.  Application materials are due to the CDC by January 1st, but in order to make sure we have all needed materials, interested students should submit their CV, letter of interest, rotation time slots, and top three rotation sites to Ms. Schmotzer by DECEMBER 1st . Please also email me and Dr. Pschirer that you are applying for this rotation opportunity. The Home Page of eValue has been updated with the full information sheet of requirements from the CDC – see the Competitive Industry/Association APPE Applications area on the right-hand side of the page. Please review this document and follow instructions carefully on how to apply for APPE rotations.

The School of Pharmacy will be submitting materials directly to the CDC on the interested students’ behalf. Please adhere to the Dec 1st deadline, so we have time to sort through materials and submit them to the CDC before the semester break.  We are allowed to send only 2 students from Pitt Pharmacy for consideration, so if we receive more student applicants than that, we will decide based on submitted materials.

The CDC will notify students of the outcome by the early March.

Prof. Skledar

Sue Skledar, RPh, MPH, FASHP
Director of Experiential Learning and Continuing Professional Development
Professor, Department of Pharmacy & Therapeutics
228 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1504