[Rx2021] Fidget Blanket Drive

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Fri Nov 15 12:25:02 EST 2019

The following email is being sent on behalf of Catherine Dziuba.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[https://support.pharmacy.pitt.edu:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/CommonActions/emailIcon?id=1]

Hello Everyone!

Do you have any spare crafting supplies? If so, come and donate it to the Fidget Blanket Drive! ASCP is collecting a large variety of supplies to put together sensory stimulating blankets for people with advanced stage dementia, as this has been shown to improve symptoms without the use of antipsychotics in some patients. Please see the attached flyer to see what these look like. Collections are happening now and the donation bin is by Suzanne Mannino's desk on the 2nd floor.

This drive ends on 12/6/19. A great idea might be to look at home over Thanksgiving break and see if you might have any materials to donate.

What we are looking for is really quite broad, since we can probably make something useful out of many things. Some things that were donated before last year that we were able to use include:

  *   Blankets!
  *   Fabrics with interesting colors/textures
  *   Ribbons
  *   Beads
  *   Buckles
  *   Bells