[Rx2021] FW: Xcenda Student Shadow Day 2019

Pschirer, James Joseph pschirer at pitt.edu
Tue May 7 09:49:54 EDT 2019

From: Student Programs <SP-Admin at xcenda.com>
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2019 4:06 AM
To: Pschirer, James Joseph <pschirer at pitt.edu>
Subject: Xcenda Student Shadow Day 2019

Dear James J. Pschirer,

Xcenda is a global healthcare consulting organization focused on helping manufacturers prove the inherent value of lifesaving products and helping patients gain access to innovative therapies. We offer a number of unique opportunities for students pursuing a career in managed care, industry, consulting, or academia. Depending on their interests, students completing a fellowship, rotation, or internship at Xcenda will gain exposure and contribute to a variety of work types in collaboration with our Global Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Strategic Market Access & Intelligence, and Medical Communications teams.
We value our continued collaboration with your university and would appreciate your help in sharing the opportunities below with any PharmD candidates who may be interested in our various student programs.
student programs.

Student Shadow Day

As part of Xcenda’s dedication to the training and growth of PharmD candidates, Xcenda will be hosting a Student Shadow Day on June 14, 2019 in our Palm Harbor office near Tampa, FL. We believe this to be a unique opportunity for first-, second-, and third-year students to explore non-traditional pharmacist roles in health outcomes, market access, and medical communications. As detailed in the tentative agenda below, attendees will have the chance to learn from some of Xcenda’s experts in the field on a variety of topics in addition to networking with current and past fellows.
Please share the invitation below with any students who may be interested in participating in this program and encourage them to sign-up online via this RSVP Link<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FUTNZ7bfcbtbqGG602&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79e66ff95e764a9c409008d6d2f2e296%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636928337950831900&sdata=BUI844esAuBdTummMscaNYWZUOeJIaOpY1mq1XZnJ3o%3D&reserved=0> at their earliest convenience, as space is limited. Any questions can be directed to StudentPrograms at xcenda.com<mailto:StudentPrograms at xcenda.com>.

Tentative Agenda:

Time

Activity

8:30 AM–9:00 AM

Arrivals and Sign-in

9:00 AM–9:30 AM

Xcenda Office Tour

9:30 AM–10:30 AM

Student Programs and Fellowship Overview

10:30 AM–10:45 AM

Break

10:45 AM–11:30 AM

Medical Communications

11:30 AM–12:30 PM

Fellowship Q&A

12:30 PM–1:30 PM

Networking Lunch

1:30 PM–2:15 PM

Market Access

2:15 PM–3:00 PM

Outcomes Analyzers

3:00 PM–3:15 PM

Break

3:15 PM–4:00 PM

Real-World Evidence

4:00 PM–4:45 PM

Global HEOR

4:45 PM–5:00 PM

Closing

APPE Rotations, Internships, and Fellowship Programs

APPE Rotations: Xcenda offers up to 30 students the opportunity to complete an APPE rotation at our main office near Tampa, FL. The online application for 2019–2020 APPEs will become available online by the end of August 2019 and can be completed by any interested candidates prior to the January 5, 2020 deadline.

Internships: Xcenda offers a couple of paid 10- to 12-week summer internships at our main office near Tampa, FL. The online application for Summer 2020 positions will become available by the end of January 2020.

Fellowships: Xcenda also offers 2 unique, 2-year, degree-granting fellowship programs in Health Outcomes and Market Access (3 positions) and Medical Communications (1 position). Interested candidates are encouraged to request an interview through ASHP’s Personnel Placement Services (PPS) by submitting a letter of intent and an updated copy of their CV. PPS registration typically opens up in mid-October and Xcenda will be conducting interviews at PPS during the ASHP Midyear Meeting in December.

For more information about any of these programs, please encourage interested students to visit https://www.xcenda.com/careers-student-programs<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.xcenda.com%2Fcareers-student-programs&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79e66ff95e764a9c409008d6d2f2e296%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636928337950841904&sdata=Lj5Rog%2FBqZne2o88KwVE7agCKJs1qsOwbLaQvc0pw%2BU%3D&reserved=0> and view our recorded online informational webinar.

Thank you very much for your continued collaboration and for sharing this information with your students,

Maher Abdel-Sattar, PharmD, MS
AmerisourceBergen
Assistant Director, Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research
Xcenda®

Office: 727-771-4174
Email: StudentPrograms at xcenda.com<mailto:StudentPrograms at xcenda.com>

4114 Woodlands Parkway, Ste. 500
Palm Harbor, FL  34685
www.xcenda.com<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xcenda.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C79e66ff95e764a9c409008d6d2f2e296%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636928337950841904&sdata=0K2Ws70OC70xKHvNsXhCLZaAOM6IIYwftT%2FXKta2img%3D&reserved=0>