[Rx2021] SSHP Election Process and January GBM

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Fri Jan 18 08:21:51 EST 2019

The following email is being sent on behalf of Brittany Stottlemyer.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image003.png at 01D4176A.794BCCD0]

Hello everyone!
 Thank you to all who were in attendance for SSHP’s first general body meeting of the semester this Thursday.  For those of you who were not able to make it, please find the attached PowerPoint presentation to catch up on what you missed!
A couple of important notes regarding the upcoming election process:

  *   You must be a member of SSHP to run or vote in the election, however, it is not too late to join to do so! Contact Kiana Green (krg50 at pitt.edu<mailto:krg50 at pitt.edu>) or myself (bas172 at pitt.edu<mailto:bas172 at pitt.edu>) to become members.

  *   All students who wish to run for an executive board position, elected or appointed, must submit an email to pitt.sshp at gmail.com<mailto:pitt.sshp at gmail.com> to formally express their intent to run by February 7th at 11:59pm.

  *   Elections will occur at our February GBM on 2/14 during lunch in room 524.  Those running will have 3 minutes to give a speech explaining why they wish to serve in this position and what makes them a good candidate.

***Note: if you are a P1 who has their site on Thursday we will make sure you give your speech first so you will not be late to it.  Just please let us know when you send us your intent to run!

  *   Appointed positions will interview the week following elections with 2-3 current E-board members.  Interviews should only last approximately 15 minutes.

  *   Professional Project Leader selection will occur in March.  An email regarding the application process for these positions will be sent out later in the semester.
Please refer to the PowerPoint for additional information on the specific positions available to run for and more detail regarding potential points to address in your speech.  If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me or the respective member whose position you wish to apply for.
TDR: Elections are coming up quickly so be at our next GBM to have your voice heard in selecting our new E-board.  Plus, there pizza and raffle prizes so you don’t want to miss out!
Best,

Britney Stottlemyer

PharmD Program, Class of 2021

bas172 at pitt.edu<mailto:bas172 at pitt.edu> | 717-881-4385