[Rx2021] FW: UPMC Health Plan Managed Care Internship Opportunity

Pschirer, James Joseph pschirer at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 8 10:02:56 EST 2019

Dear Students,
Please see below for an Internship opportunity at UPMC Health Plan.  Note that hours worked at this position do not count towards the hours required to be licensed as a pharmacist in the state of Pennsylvania.  Regardless, it is a great opportunity to gain managed care experience (and get paid for it).

James J. Pschirer, PharmD
Associate Director of Experiential Learning
228 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-383-5229
E-mail: pschirer at pitt.edu<mailto:pschirer at pitt.edu>

Hello!

My name is Vanessa Campbell and I am the Manager, Clinical Pharmacy at the UPMC Health Plan that works with our internship program. I wanted to reach out to you to let you know we will be hiring an intern that is currently a P2 student entering his/her P3 year (in the fall of 2019). We are collecting resumes now and will begin interviewing soon. I wanted to see if you would be willing to see if anyone in your chapter would have any interest. Here are some details regarding the position:

Some of the responsibilities of the intern include helping with clinical initiatives including our MTM program, quality initiatives, reviews for our P&T committee, as well as other ad hoc drug information projects. Interns also have the opportunity to attend and present in various internal department meetings and attend clinical presentations for new drugs. The internship is a full-time position over the summer (40 hours a week, Monday - Friday), and then at least 4 hours per week during the school year. Also, I wanted to mention that the intern hours at UPMC Health Plan do not count towards the intern hours required to be licensed in the State of Pennsylvania. We are looking for someone to start spring of 2019.

If anyone in your chapter would be interested, please have them email one of my pharmacist's, Nadia Glasgow, their resume at: glasgowna at upmc.edu<mailto:glasgowna at upmc.edu> within the next couple of weeks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Vanessa Campbell

Cameron Karnick

University of Pittsburgh