[Rx2021] APhA-ASP Updates

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Mon Jan 7 12:03:00 EST 2019

The following email is being sent on behalf of Katie Rudzik:

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image003.png at 01D4176A.794BCCD0]

Hello student pharmacists!

Welcome back for another semester! I hope everyone’s winter break was great and relaxing. APhA-ASP has a busy semester coming up and I wanted to provide a few updates to everyone.

Mini Back To School Picnic: APhA-ASP is hosting a mini back to school picnic on Wednesday, January 9 12-1 PM in 402 Salk. Different student organizations will be there to better explain the missions of each of their organizations and provide information on how to become more involved! Cookies will be provided and we will be raffling off a prize! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask myself or Danielle Weaver (P2).

APhA-ASP Annual Meeting and Expo: This year’s Annual Meeting will be in Seattle, WA 3/22-3/24. If you intend on going, please fill out this google form by February 22nd: https://goo.gl/forms/KHjZotuZ44ecOaEm2<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FKHjZotuZ44ecOaEm2&data=02%7C01%7Csmm198%40pitt.edu%7Cb3d6e411e841453351f908d674c007eb%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636824765438439570&sdata=wpXgJA%2FEG%2FN1V8bHjPoQr5HCGJX22iDu%2F2dhjhZN818%3D&reserved=0>. Additionally, to be reimbursed for anything, you must fill out the travel reimbursement form found on the porxtal by February 22nd. Reimbursement will be based on involvement and poster presentations. I highly recommend attending Annual! It is a fantastic experience and you really gain a lot professionally. There will be a mandatory informational meeting on Wednesday, February 27 at lunch in 456 for everyone attending. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask myself or Haley Fribance (P2).

Pharmacy Weeks: Every year, APhA-ASP hosts “Pharmacy Weeks” to celebrate us as student pharmacists. We will be kicking off Pharmacy Weeks on Friday, September 18th from 5-7 PM at Steel Cactus in Shadyside. A FREE taco bar will be available to students and drinks will be available at happy hour prices. All students are welcome to attend! More information to come! Other Pharmacy Weeks events include Doctor Salk Hall on January 24, the PLS Charity Auction on January 31, and the White Coat Ceremony on February 1st! We look forward to celebrating pharmacy with all of you! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask myself or Danielle Weaver (P2).

APhA-ASP Elections: We will be holding elections for our EBoard late January/early February! Be on the look out for more information to come regarding elections! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask myself or Haley Fribance (P2).

Best,

Katie

Katelyn Rudzik
PharmD Student, Class of 2020