[Rx2021] Semester Calendar

Graber, Holly Lynn HLG38 at pitt.edu
Mon Aug 19 19:40:46 EDT 2019

Hi everyone!

I hope you all are enjoying your last week of summer! Or if you’re unlucky like myself and are spending your last week on IPPE rotations, I hope it flies by.

Grace, Mara and I just wanted to send out an update on the semester calendar. We have received a lot of feedback regarding the PoRxtal calendar so we are thinking that Outlook calendar would be a more convenient alternative for us to try. (Also, something is up with the PoRxtal right now and it’s not allowing us to make any edits and I don’t want everyone to have to wait for the calendar!)

I have already uploaded all the courses and am finalizing the exam, assignment, etc. dates as the individual syllabi are uploaded (and I will confirm everything with the grids whenever that is uploaded). In the coming days, you will all be getting an email invitation to view the “PHARM 2021” class calendar where all this will be stored.

The nice thing about Outlook is that everything will be updated in real time (ex. if there is a time or location change), the calendar can easily be exported to your Apple/Android/Google calendar, and the calendar can also be viewed right on the Outlook app (which is super nice and I actually prefer this). It has all the same functions that the PoRxtal does plus a lot more!

We know it’s different than the previous method but from our tests of the system, it is already much better. As always, PLEASE reach out if you have any questions or concerns about this (positive or negative, we won’t be offended) or let us know if there is anything that can be improved for future use!

See you all soon!
Holly, Grace, & Mara

Get Outlook for iOS<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faka.ms%2Fo0ukef&data=02%7C01%7C%7C32295d3c5cd849b2ece708d724fea887%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C637018548470973298&sdata=Y3ABl0YyktJMmgcFnaEvDPsoFgZZEx6gMayoKXThK9w%3D&reserved=0>