[Rx2021] IPPE project hours opportunity: Kiwanis Club of Sheraden: UPDATE

Skledar, Susan Jean sjs15 at pitt.edu
Tue Apr 23 10:08:26 EDT 2019

Hello P1s and P2s (soon-to-be P2s and P3s!)

The Kiwanis Club has opened up a 2nd tabling opportunity (same event, 2nd table there) on Saturday, May 11th from 10am-1pm, as per the email below. The participants are kindergarten through 8th grade, and preschoolers, and their parents/grandparents. Originally, Kiwanis was looking for rising P2s for one table, but the opportunity has now expanded to include two different tables, so rising P2s and P3s can do this in May.

Table 1: health care topic, ideally similar to your P1 health fair topic - geared toward health, safety, early literacy, mental health, etc. (3 students)
Table 2: poison prevention topic (Pittsburgh Poison Center has materials you can hand out and teach about (3 students)

Please let me know if you are interested in this event by Friday, April 26th, and I will put you in contact with the pointpersons you can speak with for more details. If you can reply as your group of three, that would be easiest, but not required.

Thank you!
Prof. Skledar

Sue Skledar, RPh, MPH, FASHP
Director of Experiential Learning and Continuing Professional Development
Professor, Department of Pharmacy & Therapeutics
228 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261