[Rx2021] Primerx Workshop 2 - 10/17 - Conferences

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Thu Oct 11 08:15:17 EDT 2018

The following email is being sent on behalf of Caylee Sams and Dan Schrum.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image003.png at 01D4176A.794BCCD0]

Hello PittPharmacy Students!

The Primerx Program is thrilled to announce our second career development workshop of the semester. Titled: "Professional Conferences: Attending the Right One at the Right Time," this second workshop will focus on providing students with essential information concerning in ins and outs of professional pharmacy conferences. The event will take place on Wednesday, October 17th from 5-6:30 PM in Room 456 Salk Hall.  Our guest speakers, Dr. Poloyac, Dr. McGivney and P4 student, Olivia Berger, will be discussing their experiences at various professional conferences and how they have leveraged their experiences to help them grow as professionals. There are countless conferences available for student attendance but with financial restrictions, you want to attend the conferences that will benefit your career aspirations the most.  The faculty speakers will also be touching on how our involvement in national pharmacy organizations do not end when we graduate pharmacy school, but evolve as we do in our professional careers. There is not another time in pharmacy school that we are given this information so we highly recommend anyone that plans to attend a professional conference in the future attend this event!

Thank you all for your time and consideration!

Caylee Sams

PharmD Program, Class of 2020

crs120 at pitt.edu<mailto:crs120 at pitt.edu>

Dan Schrum