[Rx2021] Reach Out and Read Virtual Book Drive - Kappa Psi

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Mon Nov 5 10:00:47 EST 2018

The following email is being sent on behalf of Sneha Gaitonde.

Thank you.

Suzanne Mannino
Student Program Administrator
229 Salk Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1039
Email:smm198 at pitt.edu
[cid:image003.png at 01D4176A.794BCCD0]

Hello,
PittPharmacy’s chapter of Kappa Psi is having a virtual book drive for our national philanthropy Reach Out and Read. The book drive will be open from November 5th – December 14th. Reach Out and Read is an organization that encourages early childhood literacy through book programs based in healthcare provider offices. They furnish children’s waiting rooms with books and give each child in the program a new book with each physician visit for the first five years of life.
The money from this drive goes directly to purchasing new books for children whose families would be otherwise unable to purchase reading materials for them. A $20 donation buys five books for a child. Donations can be made online at the Reach Out and Read website in $20 increments, or to Kappa Psi in any monetary denomination. To contribute to this book drive, we are accepting donations to the Kappa Psi Beta Kappa Chapter Venmo (@KappaPsiBetaKappa) with any dollar amount and the caption “Reach Out and Read.” If donating online, please use the Kappa Psi Beta Kappa Chapter code (“Kappa Psi 503”) in the comment section so that site donations can be attributed to our chapter.
ROR link: Virtual Book Drive<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.donate-2-reachoutandread.org%2Fregistrant%2FTicketingCatalog.aspx%3Feventid%3D220752%26langpref%3Den-CA%26Referrer%3Dhttps%253a%252f%252fadmin.e2rm.com%252fEventSettings.aspx&data=02%7C01%7Csmm198%40pitt.edu%7C137d5ef4f0aa493e4ad708d6432f1153%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636770266755394851&sdata=vXxGR1lIq7E4EBQ6gsJUgxHQKEr1%2BbwaqKk79%2F0F8zA%3D&reserved=0>
If you would like to donate in person, brothers will be tabling in the Salk Atrium during lunch Tuesday through Thursday, as well as Thursday morning (11/8) from 9am to 10:30am.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me, or to any Kappa Psi brother for more information about this initiative.
Sincerely,

Sneha Gaitonde
PharmD Class of 2021