[Rx2021] FW: Pharmacy Intern Opportunity in Altoona

Pschirer, James Joseph pschirer at pitt.edu
Thu Mar 15 07:47:33 EDT 2018

Dear Students,
Chartwell Pennsylvania is a home infusion and specialty pharmacy with offices in Pittsburgh, Erie, and Altoona.  The Altoona office is looking for a pharmacy intern to hire for this summer and during school breaks.  Please see information below and, if interested, apply as directed below.

James J. Pschirer, PharmD
Associate Director of Experiential Learning
917 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-383-5229
Fax: 412-383-9996
E-mail: pschirer at pitt.edu<mailto:pschirer at pitt.edu>

Once again, we are looking for motivated pharmacy students who are able to work over the summer and during school breaks (40 hours/week), and during the school year.  During the school year, we are flexible with our interns.  Schedules are pending the needs of the business.  Business hours are 8am-5:30pm, including weekends and holidays if needed.

Chartwell employees work in a professional office environment.  Interns will gain experience with speaking to patients, caregivers, and nurses over the phone to coordinate patient care as well as the compounding of medications.  Other intern job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting the pharmacist in performing clinical, technical, and clerical duties involved in the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy, as allowed by law and/or regulation.  This will include patient assessment and follow-up, coordination with nursing and operations, and processing refills under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.

If you know of any students who would be interested in an intern position at Chartwell, please have them email their resume's to Bryan Kudlawiec at kudlawiecbr2 at upmc.edu<mailto:kudlawiecbr2 at upmc.edu>.  These positions are not currently posted on the UPMC website.

Please feel free to contact Bryan or I with any additional questions.

Thank you,
Stephanie Pancheri, RPh
Clinical Pharmacy Manager
Chartwell Pennsylvania
Phone: 412-438-5109
pancherisp at upmc.edu<mailto:pancherisp at upmc.edu>

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.