[Rx2021] IPPE Preceptor of the Year - Nominations due Feb 5th

Skledar, Susan Jean sjs15 at pitt.edu
Thu Jan 18 08:51:21 EST 2018

Hello P1s, P2s, and P3s,

For many years, we have recognized the work of our preceptors with the Pitt Pharmacy APPE Preceptor of the Year Award. The P4 students nominate preceptors during their APPE rotation year. In 2017 (last year was the inaugural year), we implemented an award for IPPE Preceptor of the Year, which is nominated by P1, P2, and P3 students. Our IPPE preceptor awardee last year was Dr. Bill McKendree at APPRISE. Prior year winners of the awards can be seen on our website at  http://www.pharmacy.pitt.edu/programs/elp/awards.php. The awardees are formally recognized at the graduation ceremony each April.

We are gathering nominations for 2017-18 IPPE Preceptor of Year now, and if you are interested in nominating one of your preceptors from this year, please complete the Preceptor of the Year Nomination Form by Monday, Feb 5th, and send it via email to Ms. Schmotzer.  The form is on the Home Page of E*Value. If you cannot access the form for some reason, please contact Ms. Schmotzer.

We are very thankful to our preceptors for their work each year in teaching you valuable knowledge and skills to be successful in pharmacy, and in healthcare. Please consider nominating a preceptor that has impacted your learning.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Prof. Skledar

Sue Skledar, RPh, MPH, FASHP
Director of Experiential Learning and Continuing Professional Development
Professor, Department of Pharmacy & Therapeutics
921 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1504