[Rx2021] P1 Student Assignment Letters

Schmotzer, Anna Grace annas at pitt.edu
Thu Sep 14 09:01:10 EDT 2017

September 14, 2017

Dear P1 Students:

Based on your input, preceptor availability and a lottery process, the Office of Experiential Learning has assigned your experiential learning introductory pharmacy practice experience (IPPE) placement site for your P1 year.  Your site assignment can be found on the attached Word grid.  This grid includes all student placements so you can make arrangements to travel in pairs or groups if desired. Students will be assigned to the same site for both the Fall and Spring terms.

Many locations already have arranged a mandatory orientation for assigned students to attend.  The orientation date and time will appear on the Site Description materials, which should be picked up in the Student Service Center on the 9th floor today, September 14, 2017  from 12:00 Noon - 1:00 pm and again on Friday, September 15, 2017 between 7:30 am - 8:00 am and 12:00 Noon - 1:00 pm.  Additional information about your site also can be found in E*Value, our rotation management website (www.e-value.net<http://www.e-value.net>).  If you haven't received your log-in information, please contact Anna Schmotzer.

Below is the Fall schedule of when you are to be on site. The Spring schedule will be released mid-December.

Fall Term 2017:  10 IPPE weeks (ON-SITE)
COURSE
WEEK*

IPPE On-Site WEEK

TUESDAY

THURSDAY

COMMENT

5

Week #1

September 26

September 28

First week at site

6

Week #2

October 3

October 5

7

Week #3

October 10

October 12

8

Week #4

October 17

October 19

9

Week #5

October 24

October 26

10

Week #6

October 31

November 2

11

Week #7

November 7

November 9

12

Week #8

November 14

November 16

13

Thanksgiving

November 21

November 23

Thanksgiving break
(Students are off)

14

Week #9

November 28

November 30

15

Week #10

December 5

December 7

Last week for Fall term

*as per Pharm 5112 Community Health 1, in Courseweb (see Syllabus/Schedules)

If your site description indicates that you are required to have any clearances, tuberculin skin test, etc., please make sure to print this information from your CastleBranch Background profile and take it with you on your first day.

We will be using our E*Value website for evaluation purposes.  If your site has new or additional preceptors, please let us know so that we can add them to E*Value.

We look forward to a great year and look forward to working with all of you.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

        [cid:image007.jpg at 01D32D38.00062EA0]

[cid:image008.jpg at 01D32D38.00062EA0]

Sue Skledar, RPh, MPH, FASHP                                     James J. Pschirer, PharmD
Director, Experiential Learning and                             Associate Director of Experiential Learning
Continuing Professional Development                      Professor, Department of Pharmacy & Therapeutics

sjs15 at pitt.edu<mailto:sjs15 at pitt.edu>

Ms. Anna G. Schmotzer, Assistant Director

Experiential Learning Program
annas at pitt.edu<mailto:annas at pitt.edu>

Anna G. Schmotzer
Assistant Director, Experiential Learning Program
University of Pittsburgh
School of Pharmacy
Office of Experiential Learning
904 Salk Hall