[Rx2021] APhA-ASP Updates

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Fri Sep 1 08:13:22 EDT 2017

Welcome back everyone!

For those of you who were at our first GBM of the year, some of this will be a review of information, but for those of you who missed the GBM, please read closely!

1) The APhA-ASP membership drive has begun and THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN MOVED UP! The membership drive will now end on Friday, September 22nd! Please submit a membership form with all required information and $25 cash or check ( to University of Pittsburgh) to the box marked “APhA-ASP” in the 9th floor office. See any eboard member for extra membership forms but do not turn in the forms to the eboard members- place it directly into the box on the 9th floor. Reminder: you CANNOT receive reimbursement for ANY conference if you are not a member of APhA-ASP. Any student who does not submit a membership form by September 22nd will be responsible for paying the full $45 membership fee and filling out the application on APhA’s website.

2) APhA-ASP Region 2 MRM will be held November 3rd-5th here in PITTSBURGH! We are very excited to welcome our Region 2 members to our city, and attendance is highly encouraged, especially if you would like to get more involved with APhA-ASP locally or nationally, or wish to attend future conferences! There will be a required informational meeting in October (TBD) where we will provide more information about MRM and the conference expectations, as well as additional reimbursement guidelines. More details to come!

If you plan on attending MRM this year, you MUST fill out the School of Pharmacy Googleform on the porxtal under “travel reimbursement form”(also linked here) by Friday, October 6th!  https://students.pharmacy.pitt.edu/travel-reimbursement-form/
As stated at GBM, there is a new travel reimbursement process throughout the school of pharmacy this year, and if you do not complete this Googleform by October 6th, the school will not be able to provide any reimbursement for MRM- this is a hard deadline.  Please take your time filling out the form and fill it out in its entirety, as all responses within the form will go into deciding individual student reimbursement amounts- do not hesitate to reach out to myself or Ben Yoder if you have questions.The specific reimbursement amount for each student will be finalized after review of responses to the Googleform, and each student will be contacted regarding their approved reimbursement amount as soon as possible.

Additionally, you will need to register for MRM through the APhA website, which is linked below. The Earlybird registration ends on Friday, October 6th. The price for Earlybird registration as an APhA-ASP student member $125, but goes up to $165 after October 6th, so keep that in mind as you plan your registration.

http://mrm.pharmacist.com/mrm/registration

3) The Fall Leadership Retreat hosted by APhA-ASP and PLS will be Thursday, October 5th from 5-8pm in 402 Salk Hall! We will be working on Dean’s Theme events and materials for the upcoming year, as well as leadership development activities. The Fall Leadership Retreat is a great way for P1s, and even P2s and P3s, to get involved and take on leadership roles within the various student organizations and within APhA-ASP. Please try to have at least one representative from each student organization in attendance so we can help you develop your individual Dean’s Theme project. Please fill out the attached Googleform by Friday, September 22nd if you will be attending the Fall Leadership Retreat- dinner will be provided.

https://goo.gl/forms/5YxHAqQywmJvgV9K2<https://goo.gl/forms/GZEKdm7ivENgLoZm2>

4) Attached is the powerpoint from our first General Body Meeting if you would like to reference it for any additional information, committee meeting dates, etc.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18wb3ScS8ftQ4sP9g76om_zQMDLUxz3_fsVmCSFlDmsU/edit?usp=sharing

Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any APhA-ASP Eboard member with questions or concerns!

 Looking forward to a great year!

Sincerely,

Sarah Hunt
Student Pharmacist, Class of 2019