[Rx2021] American Heart Association Heart Walk

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Wed Oct 11 08:04:49 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

The American Heart Association Heart Walk is next Saturday October 21st at 10am. The walk aims to spread awareness of the pervasiveness of heart disease (the No. 1 cause of death in the US) and raise support for cardiovascular research and advocacy in the hopes of promoting healthy lives, free of cardiovascular diseases. The walk is a great way to show our support, and we’d love to have you walk with us!

If you’re interested in joining our team, visit http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=2360&pg=team&team_id=338230
and select “join this team”. Then simply answer the questions and follow the steps to register. Though donations are encouraged, registering and participating in the walk is FREE and open to everyone!

In addition to walking, we’re also selling “Pharmacy has ❤” t-shirts to raise support for the American Heart Association. T-shirts are $10 and will be distributed prior to the walk. All t-shirt orders are due by Thursday October 12th by 5pm. To place an order, visit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc1n5VaTKAE3WSbnBbGZxXNtlqN0duyJkrnz6XAcsQ3L6Clzg/viewform.

[cid:c01e421a-e50a-41ee-a10c-4dca822abb0c]

For those walking, we will meet outside Salk Hall at 8am on October 21st to distribute t-shirts and car-pool to the event. The walk is a 2.61 mile loop in North Shore (Gold Lot #4, 218 N. Shore Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15212) and should take about 2 hours to complete. For more info about the walk or the American Heart Association check out the links below:

  *   More info: http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=2360&pg=informational&type=fr_informational&sid=1020

  *   American Heart Association: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/

Thank you! If you have any questions about the event, T-shirts, or registration feel free to contact Danielle Weaver at drw67 at pitt.edu<mailto:drw67 at pitt.edu>. We look forward to walking with you all! ❤

Sincerely,

APhA-ASP Operation Heart - Heart Walk Committee