[Rx2021] Clarifications for Tomorrow: PPC, Community Health, Interprofessional Forum

Kashkoush, Mohamed Adam mokashkoush at pitt.edu
Thu Oct 5 19:02:36 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

There's been a good bit of confusion about tomorrow's schedule. Hopefully I can clear some of this up:

PPC (8am-9am)

  *   Nothing is being collected graded tomorrow - do your best but don't stress!
  *   Bring your Patient Care Evaluation Work-Up (the manila folder) to class for peer review. You can refine it if you want, but there's really not much you should do if you documented adequately during class. Whatever you do, DO NOT add any information that was not obtained from your group's conversation with the Jones family patient. This could potentially lead to failing the assignment.
  *   The Physician Consult Letter first draft is due tomorrow. Again, it is not being collected, but will be peer-reviewed. Dr. Berenbrok told me that it is perfectly acceptable to use the example letter (on Courseweb and attached in this email) as a template. He also asked me to emphasize that this is a learning process, and not to worry about how the first round goes.
  *   After further instruction and peer-review, the final draft of the Patient Care Evaluation Work-Up and Physician Consult Letter will be due on Monday, October 9th. Dr. McGivney will explain more tomorrow.

Community Health (9am-12pm)

  *   There is an in-class quiz on Pages 19-43 and 72-78 of the attached Healthy People 2020 report (also on Courseweb).
  *   You do not need to have your journal entries completed by tomorrow, they are not being collected or graded. You really should be writing an entry every week, but do not worry if you haven't been for tomorrow. Here is a message from Dr. Connor:

"For the journals, a formal journal is not required to be submitted tomorrow in class.  All students should be completing their journals each week, so the journal entries should be complete, but these will not be collected tomorrow since some students may not have had the opportunity to start at their site."

Interprofessional Forum (2pm-4pm)

  *   This is a mandatory event - also dress professionally!
  *   The forum is in Scaife Hall 5/6.
  *   Note the time (2pm) - there were initially conflicting times on the various schedules/grids. To be clear, the forum is not at 1pm. Please enjoy the extended lunch period from 12pm-2pm.

I know this email is a bit long, but hopefully reading it will save you time and stress. See y'all tomorrow!

Best wishes,

Mo Kashkoush, B.S.
PharmD Student | Class of 2021
Email: mokashkoush at pitt.edu