[Rx2021] A few words

Kashkoush, Mohamed Adam mokashkoush at pitt.edu
Wed Nov 29 14:58:21 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

I know there has been a lot of announcements today, so I will try to be brief:

1) You don't have to strictly compare your own work to the samples online for the Community Health Formal Learning Summary. They're just examples - but I have noticed that they've been causing a lot of unnecessary stress. Others previously did the same assignment, and got an A, in under 50 pages. Also, there is no "Mastery Level" component required as shown on the sample document. So try to relax and do what you feel is right based on the rubric, announcements, and your intuition. We are always open for questions too.

2) Your journal entries should not be submitted separately from the Formal Learning Summary document for Community Health. Just turn it in with the whole packet together. In other words, only print out one copy of your journal entries.

3) Don't forget to show up at 9am for the PDA practice exam tomorrow!

4) I want to reassure everyone that your input is not only valuable, but is necessary for change. Somebody submitted a complaint on the anonymous box (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-Sc4uCwXTuJJ8caaiZsgu9jOu3Vq-8GITLgxyIW8bH8/edit) about getting too many emails from Mrs. Mannino. Today at the Dean's Advisory Board meeting, plans have been set in motion and teams mobilized to fix this problem. The same goes with the waste of paper and resources we've seen with password sheets and seating charts before exams - they will soon be a thing of the past. You have a voice in your own education, and the student council will make 100% certain that it is heard!

P.S. If you feel like de-stressing a bit, feel free to join me and mingle with other health students at Pitt Med/Dental/Pharm happy hour from 5-7pm at Thirsty Scholar. There's also a really fun event tonight at 7pm planned for SIO if you are interested in that (get in touch with the SIO people).

Best wishes,

Mo Kashkoush, B.S.
PharmD Student | Class of 2021
Email: mokashkoush at pitt.edu