[Rx2021] APhA-ASP Annual Conference Hotel Updates

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Wed Nov 29 13:02:23 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

I am reaching out with updates about hotel information for the APhA Annual Conference.

We have selected a "chapter hotel” - the Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown ( 3 blocks from the conference center). The rate is $241/night for a 2-Queen room ( ideally sleeping 4 people in a double room for cost, but up to your discretion), and parking is $32 for self parking and $35 for valet parking. You are NOT required to stay in this hotel, however we are trying to keep as much of the chapter together if possible! Here is the list of other APhA hotels and their rates, which expire on February 15th. To book, please call the APhA hotel reservation line at 1-888-876-2742; you can also book through other sites if you have a lower rate!

[cid:0B342F2F-020D-4903-9016-AEA726775F67 at wireless.pitt.edu]

However, I recommend booking your hotel ASAP because there is an NCAA tournament that same weekend and hotels are booking very fast- the Hampton is already booked. So, if you know you are going, I highly recommend booking your room this week or early next week to avoid any hotel issues.

Once you have booked your hotel, please fill out this spreadsheet so we can keep track of who is where!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BszZnpwMbfjvNstAMd10WGLQofZNFSNOJ5BmVQgJQ9I/edit?usp=sharing

One final reminder regarding travel:

Students will be reimbursed based on the cost of driving. We are trying to maximize carpooling, with 3-4 students per car, or more if your car has space. Please refer to the spreadsheet below for the carpooling list. We do not encourage anyone to drive alone. There is a set rate of reimbursement of 53 cents/mile which includes wear and tear on the car, gas, and tolls. Parking is a separate reimbursement. If you are the driver, you will be receiving the reimbursement - do not split costs with your passengers. We will go into greater detail closer to the conference, but we want to make everyone aware of how the cost of driving is being calculated and what a rough cost estimate of driving will be so drivers know what to expect, and those flying know how much they will get towards their flight.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_XfYZH-eca_t6Y00cpZNxRNIKnjqnp8-XHSmwUcLhv8/edit?usp=sharing

Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!

Sincerely,
Sarah Hunt
Student Pharmacist, Class of 2019
APhA-ASP Chapter President