[Rx2021] Fwd: [Rx2020] Your THANKSgiving Message for November 15

Waters, Thomas C waterstc at pitt.edu
Wed Nov 15 14:36:06 EST 2017

Subject: Your THANKSgiving Message for November 15
Date: November 15, 2017 at 8:25:54 AM EST

[cid:5eca46b2-0b54-4fa4-b4ce-35981986db9e]
THANKSgiving Gratitude Project<https://pitt.sharepoint.com/sites/dental/HealthyU/Gratitude/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=18><https://pitt.sharepoint.com/sites/dental/HealthyU/Gratitude/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=15>

I am thankful to live the life that I do. While it can be easy to get sucked into the day-to-day activities of being a busy student, it is important to stop and remember all the wonderful things happening in your life. I am grateful for my parents, my siblings, and my friends for helping to shape me into the person I am today. I am grateful to have the opportunity to educate myself, for the roof over my head, and for things we easily take for granted, such as clean water. This Thanksgiving, I will remember that the world is suffering and lacking in the luxuries I sometimes don't think twice about. It is important to always be grateful for what we have, and to always give help when others are in need.

I urge you to take a few minutes of your day to recount things you are thankful for, and to share it with others.<https://pitt.sharepoint.com/sites/dental/HealthyU/Gratitude/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=18><https://pitt.sharepoint.com/sites/dental/HealthyU/Gratitude/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=18>

Divya Patel
School of Pharmacy Class of 2020

You can respond to today's message and share your own expression of gratitude by clicking HERE <https://pitt.sharepoint.com/sites/dental/HealthyU/Gratitude/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=18> then click Add a Comment at the bottom of the page to type your message.

The Salk Hall community (the School of Dental Medicine and the School of Pharmacy) celebrates the University of Pittsburgh Year of Healthy U<https://pitt.sharepoint.com/sites/dental/HealthyU/SitePages/Home.aspx> with THANKSgiving, a gratitude journaling activity. During the month of November, you will receive a daily e-mail message of gratitude composed  by other Salk Hall community members. The messages will include a prompt to inspire you to post your thoughts of gratitude in the on-line THANKSgiving SharePoint site<https://pitt.sharepoint.com/sites/dental/HealthyU/Gratitude/default.aspx>, or write them in a small, private journal. Or perhaps you might just consider for yourself the things that you are grateful for that the  day's prompt helped bring to mind. Free THANKSgiving gratitude journals are available in each school’s Deans office for those who wish to maintain a private journal.